Statement of Purpose
The BrightStars Advisory Committee has members from both the public and private sectors that form a partnership to build a strong foundation for Rhode Island’s Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement System and to support BrightStars’ work with the early care and education programs participating across the state’s quality continuum.
Members of the committee guide and assist BrightStars’ on-going work by:
- Reviewing BrightStars’ participating data and outcomes.
- Suggesting improvements to BrightStars operations based on shared data.
- Sharing a voice of the community that BrightStars serves.
- Spreading the word that quality matters for children
- Being an active participant in implementing BrightStars standards.
The group is composed of a respected community & early care/education leaders.
|Leanne C. Barrettemail@example.com||Advocate|
|Khadija Lewis Khanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Provider|
|Sabrina Uribe Ruggieroemail@example.com||Provider|
|Hyunjin Kimfirstname.lastname@example.org||Higher Ed|
|Carol Patnauadeemail@example.com||Higher Ed|
|Rosemary Raygadafirstname.lastname@example.org||Higher Ed|
Previous Meeting Materials
Beginning August 2021, the BrightStars Advisory Committee began soliciting feedback and proposals from child care providers and the general public. Each proposal will be thoroughly reviewed by the BrightStars Steering Committee, and recommendations will be presented to the Advisory Committee. Proposals may be submitted to email@example.com