535 Centerville Road
The Education Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support in a medium size, multi-suite non-profit agency office space. Duties include managing office visitors, calls and emails, coordination of payments to substitute pool, general accounts payable and receivable, database management, record keeping and other administrative duties. The Education Administrative Assistant will also support other workforce development projects managed by RIAEYC, including T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Rhode Island, an Infant Toddler Registered Apprenticeship Program and a Career and Technical (CTE) Project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programs & Services:
• Provide phone support to all callers; answer and direct incoming calls and emails
• Inventory and prepare program materials for distribution
• Schedule workforce development meetings and events
• Maintain office files, both paper and electronic
• Receive, log, and direct incoming mail
• Coordinate accounts payable and receivable
• Coordinate payments to substitute pool
• Perform other administrative duties assigned by Assistant Director of Early Childhood Initiatives
• Superior data entry skills.
• Professional skill set for collaborating with members of a team.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Proficient in managing efficient filing systems and providing documentation as-needed.
• Ability to respond professionally and respectfully as needed to different situations.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships in an office with internal and external colleagues with flexibility, and anticipatory and critical thinking.
• Work and thrive while under pressure or in stress-related circumstances with a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
• Manage multiple assignments with competing priorities.
Non-Technical Skills and Behavior:
• Professional, friendly, and respectful demeanor in all interactions.
• Collaborate as a team player that works well with diverse partners.
• Treats colleagues, clients, and others with care and respect.
• Performs duties professionally and in a timely manner.
• Exercise sound judgment.
• Maintain professional demeanor regardless of internal or external concerns.
• Maintain a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality with people of diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and lived experiences. Handle confidential information related to programs, children, and families.
• Provide information to a variety of audiences so that a high level of understanding is achieved.
• Demonstrate strong initiative and a self-starting approach.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Associate’s degree preferred, early childhood education or business/administrative/customer service related or certification or equivalent
• Proficiency reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish strongly preferred.
• Experience in delivering customer service.
• Ability to interact professionally and respectfully in handling complex and sensitive customer contacts.
• Experience in data entry and data management.
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals in this position must have the ability to:
• Drive and have access to reliable transportation.
• Work in typical office and classroom environments.
How To Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com